Is the cup half full or half empty?
The question is the same everytime but the answer can change in a minute.
Are you ran down, tired and frustrated? — half empty. Are you energized, happy, and at peace? — half full, over flowing even.
This question is one of the primary reasons self care is so important and why I will talk about it a lot this month. It is important to take the time to fill our hearts with things that bring us joy. It is essential to invite moments of peace and calm into our lives. Chaos breeds chaos and it is up to us to break the cycle and not fall victim to the overwhelming fast pace of life.
So lets take a look at what makes you happy. How do you take care of yourself. Here are 5 of my favorites.
1. Yoga…not just teaching but also the moments when it’s just me and my mat being lead by whatever feels good.
2. Reading. I especially enjoy it when I’m reading in my happy place, my back porch.
3. Meditation. Goodness I used to be HORRIBLE at this. I hated to take quite time but have found some guided meditation apps that I love. Now I’ll take at least 10 minutes a day. My go to apps are Simple Habit and Calm.
4. Exercise. I am a crossfitter and I wake up each morning and workout at 5am. This is my time. The rest of the day may get slammed packed but no one can take that hour away from me.
5. Packing my lunch and making good food choices. I feel better when I take care of myself. When I eat well I am doing that for myself and so that I can give my best to those who count on me.
Write them down. List out 5 things you do in the name of self care. You can even comment here and we can all borrow ideas. Let’s starting treating ourselves as a friend.
All the love,